Pesto is one of the best ways to save wilting greens or herbs and that’s exactly how the Watercress & Walnut Pesto came to life. Not only is it really easy to make, it’s also a dairy-free pesto recipe. You can really flex on the combinations you use, depending on what you have in the cupboard by switching up the greens you use, or the nuts.
The basic ingredients used in pesto are also jam-packed with health benefits and making this recipe from scratch means you get to avoid the random unheard of ingredients you’ll find in some shop bought jars of pesto.
- Rich in vitamin A, providing a good source of antioxidants.
- Vitamin K is also found in watercress which is a nutrient essential for blood clotting and also bone health.
- The heart-healthy nut, promoting reduced levels of cholesterol.
- Walnuts are one of the nuts highest in omega 3 fatty acids.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO):
- The high amounts of monounsaturated fatty acids in EVOO are beneficial in reducing cholesterol.
- EVOO contains many phytochemicals and these are beneficial for their antioxidant actions.
If you like this easy pesto recipe, you might also like my Pumpkin & Cashew Pesto Pasta recipe!